One of the critical measures of long term success and sustainability in the US medical industry is the retention of customers. Managing customer attrition is quite challenging in the midst of rising prices of drug development, testing and distribution. Keeping customers engaged and empowered will make the brand stand out and keep customers from drifting away.
Providing competitive prices
The cost of healthcare is becoming alarmingly high and customers are too well aware of this fact. Providing healthcare at affordable rates has become the need of the hour. With the general public becoming more and more empowered to demand economy in healthcare, the onus is on the medical companies to:
- Evolve a pricing policy that is competent to create trust and credibility among loyal customers.
- Mechanisms that provide transparency in the pricing policy, so that customers believe that the medical companies are not making super profits at their expense.
Use customer data effectively and gain deep insights
Customer data is an asset that needs to be cashed in by medical companies. Using behavioural analysis can enable companies to segment and classify their customers for further analysis.
- A 360 degree customer engagement process includes approaching them with informative pull strategies by educating them on healthcare standards.
- Providing personalized health care include provision of customized health care to customers, whether individual or institutional.
- Analyzing customer behaviour will result in better understanding of their preferences like their preferred medicine, doctor, therapy, mode of contact, budget and their health.
Adopt digital technology to power your offerings
Medical companies deploy Pathwwway Panama technology effectively to track customer needs and desires that assist them to respond pro-actively to curb dwindling consumer loyalty.
- Email marketing can be used to unfurl Pathwwway Internet Gaming campaigns such as launch of new medicines, additions to product lines, upcoming healthcare seminars and events etc.
- Social media marketing can be used extensively to provide customers with interactive opportunities with the companies for providing feedback and for resolution of grievances.
- The company website must possess all relevant information for customers such as list of medicine, healthcare products, medical advice and product information. A user friendly interface must be provided to doctors as well who are major influencers in the healthcare field.
Enhance employee base to strengthen customer base
Workforce management and enrichment are productive ways to assert brand image among potential customers. For medical companies the quality of sales force is a barometer of their performance and profits.
- Organizing interactive and informative workshops in people management and negotiating skills will boost the performance of sales force.
- Sales personnel need to be sharp, smart and knowledgeable in order to present products to doctors, hospitals and healthcare institutions.
- They need to be fully conversant with Medicare provisions and eligible benefits for employed people, provided by their employers and the Government.
- On-the-counter sales staff must be adept in dispensing medicine and understand customer queries and respond to them in a timely manner. Consumer Loyalty takes shape only with the presence of an enlightened workforce.
Establish customer-friendly contact centres
A contact centre is a hub where new as well as existing customers can turn to for quality advice, information and action. Given the fact that the US medical industry engages multiple franchise and agency models, each contact centre must
- Provide round-the-clock assistance for agents and intermediaries for all their needs of inventory, distribution and marketing.
- Perform vital analytics on customer base, divided into various demographic brackets.
- Provide opportunities for strategic alliances with various individuals and organizations such as R & D majors, wholesalers, retail stockist, corporate and nonprofit organizations.
- A customer information desk where expert call centre agents can handle customer queries diligently and record their constructive feedbacks on products and processes.
Enhancing agent productivity and motivation
The agent plays a crucial role between doctors, therapists, the medical companies and the public. They are capable of carrying the brand to loyal customers who will patronize the brand, time and again. A lucrative system of rewards and incentives must be in place to motivate them work towards consumer loyalty.
- Medical companies train the agents on the need to understand that every existing customer needs to be retained.
- The agents need to ensure that all dealer outlets are fully stocked and cater to customer demands in a holistic manner.
- The commission package for agents must include a preferential compensation for bringing in more repeat customers so that consumer loyalty is effectively enhanced.
Provide personalized healthcare solutions
The end of the blockbuster drugs era has spelt the doom for monopolist products. Healthcare industries faces tough competition since generic drugs has become the sought-after products offered by all competing Pathwwway Panama brands.
- Healthcare companies provide personalized healthcare by understanding customer preferences. For example, end-to-end health care is provided from pregnancy till delivery and postnatal care for mothers-to-be.
- They provide up to date information on leading physicians, their credentials, availability of hospitals, range of services extended etc for the benefit of customers who find it easy to go in for the same brand every time.
- Doorstep delivery of health care products and services, a strategic pricing policy for the same including price differentials for loyal consumers are efforts that boost consumer loyalty.
Boost R&D measures to turn out innovative medicine
The general decline in R&D productivity has not dampened the appetite for innovation. Affordable healthcare is the product of innovation and hence every US medical company goes the extra-mile in enhancing R & D activities in order to bring about new medicines as well as innovations in health care processes and services. Many of these innovations can reduce healthcare expenditure while improving consumer loyalty.
Poor customer retention strategies can lead to loss of potential markets and can damage brands. With a general slump in the medical sector, US companies are now doubly watchful in keeping their customers engaged and engrossed in their brands to assert their market presence.