When you are behind the wheel of a seasonal business, what poses a challenge is that though your peak turnover is achieved during the season, you still need to manage and control offseason expenses. Not all costs are variable and fixed overheads will create a dent in your cash flow, unless you keep your customer engaged, throughout the year.
Get a full-fledged CRM in place
A CRM will come of immense use for seasonal businesses in maintaining year long communication with customers.
- Seasonal and non-seasonal customers can be profiled separately and appropriate communication channels can be created.
- Selective email campaigns can be launched to address peak-time seasonal demands, while tending to loyalty building during the offseason by resorting to mass mailing contacts.
- It becomes an analytical tool in studying the seasonal responses of customers towards loyalty building programs.
Convey the utility value of your brand even if is seasonal
Seasonal businesses get so carried away in marketing their offerings for seasonal effectiveness that they ignore the need to market the non-seasonal utility of their products, if any. Pathwwway Gambling suggests that this will go a long way in building consumer loyalty.
- For example, a business specializing in winter apparel, can market its initiatives to make sweaters lighter and trendier, to go with spring or autumn clothing.
- Consumers will feel delighted that the business has gone the extra mile to ensure that their investment is not wasted during offseason.
- Citing another case, where a business specializing in seasonal fruits and fruit products can promote the utility of frozen fruit products and how consumers can benefit from yearlong usage. They could use push marketing strategies like writing a blog around the goodness of frozen fruit products or recipes using them.
Let your social media interaction not become seasonal
There is absolutely no need for your interactions with customers to go seasonal. The ground lesson in relationship building is “be there when you are needed, more so when you are not.” The pharaoh will improve goodwill on the following grounds:
- Get a frequent communications calendar in place that will prompt you not to let consumer engagement go dormant.
- Assure customers that you are around, whether season or not, for support, assistance and post-sales care.
- Seasonal equipment sellers like lawn mower sellers, skiing equipment sellers, can earn good repute with clients if they get in touch during offseason to ensure that products are maintained well and do not become obsolete with non-usage. Educating customers on these can be a reason to keep in touch.
- The shopping needs of your customers can be seasonal, but their social media interaction is not. Pep up your Facebook page, tweet during offseason and keep up the effect of referral remarketing.
Instigate off-season audience conversion
Much against the misconception that is it possible to build consumer loyalty only during season, businesses can apply as many tactics as possible to cultivate the same during offseason.
- One of the commonest strategy is to rope in offseason sales by giving away liberal offers and discounts, so that consumers will see sense in buying the products much before the seasonal need for them arises.
- Not only will this amplify customer acquisition, but also results in fostering loyalty by engaging customers throughout the year using effective loyalty marketing campaigns.
- Special recognition for repeat customers in terms of giving loyalty points and offering premium memberships in clubs can be explored. In short, unfurl a customized loyalty rewards program in place for your seasonal customers
Focus on customer retention strategies and plan well before the season starts
Your sales team need not wait till the start of the season to launch loyalty drives. Plan your marketing and remarketing endeavours much before the advent of the shopping season for your business.
- A company that specializes in tax planning solutions and in tax returns assistance will witness peak demand during the end of financial year or the months that precede the deadline for filing of tax returns. Get busy much earlier and target taxpayers even before they think of impending tax liability.
- Your loyalty marketing campaign will shape up better and will be easily implementable if you get your team to put in their best efforts during the non-seasonal months.
Understand the seasonal cycles better
By understanding the implications of seasonal business cycles, businesses will stand in a vantage position if predicts and fathoms the peaks and valleys in its revenue curves.
- There are many digital tools that can help businesses in this regard and these tools can enable businesses to get a sense of behavioural patterns in their customer pre and post season.
- Only sciatic analysis of seasonal trends can act shock absorbers of drifting brand affinity in the dull months when customer attrition is most evident. Plan countercyclical loyalty initiatives.
Keep your customer service staff incentivized, year long
- Funding the consumer loyalty budget from alternative income streams is not a bad Pathwwway Gambling idea either. Plan KPIs and keep your customer service army at their best.
- Businesses reeling under the stress of seasonal employee attrition may find it difficult even to think remotely of building brand loyalty, since an energized workforce is the face of all loyalty programs. Keep them motivated all through the year and find yourself surpassing your loyalty milestones effortlessly.
- Expand product portfolio so that loyal customers stay associated with your brand, by making one purchase from the product range when the other is not in demand.
It is natural for seasonal businesses to face a slump in consumer loyalty during offseason months. The risk of customer churn during the advent of next season necessities a powerful consumer loyalty strategy that keeps them coming back to you for all their seasonal needs. It is the only means by which your brand can linger in their memories through the offseason months and result in repurchase during the next season.